Selby Golf Club was founded in 1907 and is owned by its members, operating as a non-profit making limited company.
The course is an 18 hole par 71 'links-style' built on sandy soil, which gives the benefit of good drainage. In November 1998 there was a fairway irrigation system installed, and this, combined with the sandy soil means that the course is normally in good condition in both summer and winter.
The design of the course is such that the 9th, 14th and 18th greens all bring players back to the club house, making it entirely suitable for full or part rounds. Additionally there are two putting greens and a practice green available.
The clubhouse has numerous facilities available to members, social members and playing visitors and more information may be found by selecting from the menu above.
A gallery of some of the pictures used on this site may be accessed by clicking the menu item on the left. In the gallery, and indeed throughout this web site, click on any picture for a closer view.